How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 is a common technical error that prevents a user from opening the company file. The error could be caused because the QuickBooks installation is corrupted or because the .TLG file is corrupted. When you encounter this error, you will notice that the error is generally followed by 3 or 4 more digits such as -1076, or -107. If you come across an error you are not familiar with you can always call the QuickBooks customer support number and ask for help. You can also have a look at the steps mentioned below to get a better idea about how you can resolve QuickBooks error 6000 and carry on with your accounting tasks.
Solution to fix QuickBooks Error 6000
The best way to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000 is to update the software and then reopen the company file. You can follow the instructions given below to update QuickBooks and fix the issue:
- Step 1: Visit the official QuickBooks website and download the updates.
- Step 2: Close the company files that are opened and exit QuickBooks.
- Step 3: Open the Windows Start menu and search for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Step 4: Right-click QuickBooks Desktop and click ‘Run as admin.’
- Step 5: Go to the ‘No Company Open’ screen and go to the Help menu.
- Step 6: Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Options tab.
- Step 7: Click the ‘Mark All’ option and then press Save.
- Step 8: Locate the Update Now tab and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ option.
Finally, you just need to select ‘Get Updates’ and then wait for the update to finish. Once you successfully update the software you can close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop so that the updates can be installed. After the installation is complete, you can go ahead and restart your computer. If you find that the error persists even after the updates you can call the QuickBooks customer care number and ask for additional help to fix QuickBooks Error 6000.