How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks software has a various feature which can be used for managing your company finances systematically. The multi-user QuickBooks feature assists to motivate relation between accountants, allowing a large number of users to access the same company file. Some software problems can prevent users from opening specific files. This problem is called QuickBooks error H202 that occurs when QuickBooks can’t access the server on this computer since the set-up or network settings are invalid. Now this wonderful blog will offer you few guidelines about how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error H202. Users must call QuickBooks Helpline Number and take guidance from certified experts to implement the appropriate troubleshooting methods.
What Do You Understand by QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks company files are saved on the server computer on a multi-user network, and these computers are connected to the network that is not hosting the QBW files are called workstations. If a workstation fails to access a company file located on the computer, then the problem H202 QuickBooks arises.
Why Does QuickBooks Error H202 Occur?
QuickBooks error code H202 generally occurs when QuickBooks Desktop tries to make a connection with the company file, but it can’t connect with the server because of the following causes:
- The hosting configuration settings are invalid
- The server computer firewall damages incoming and outgoing communication
- It is a conflict with the DNS server.
- The software can’t get the IP address of the host system
- Inside QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor don’t run on the server computer.
- Damaged network data file (. ND)
What Are the Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
Before applying the below-mentioned solution, you require to make sure that you have your QBW file’s backup.
Method 1: Examine the Network Connectivity
You must require to connect your server from the workstation to find an error H202 for checking the network connection. Implement these methods to connect your server
- Access the Run window by entering Run in the search box
- Type the cmd into the search box and then click Enter.
- After that, type the server’s name from your workstation and then click the Enter key.
- If you find a slow reply or detect packet loss, then your network needs troubleshooting.
Method-2: Get the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Users require to activate QuickBooks File Doctor Tool for troubleshooting the network problems which may be blocking the multi-user connection to the server.
Method-3: Configure the Firewall Settings for QuickBooks Desktop
Confirm that the firewall settings of your computer aren’t blocking QuickBooks. Examine and configure the firewall permissions, once done that; you have to try to open the QuickBooks software on your workstation in the multi-user mode.
Method-4: Confirm QuickBooks Services are running
Ensure that QuickBooks services should run on the server computer. It will look if the QuickbooksDBXX services are activating and then repeat the same method for QBCFMonitorService.
- Enter Run in the search bar and type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Access a service window where you have to do a double-click on QuickBooksDBXX to access the properties windows.
- Choose the Automatic option as the Startup Type.
- Go to the Service status either ‘Running’ or ‘Started.’ Or else, choose Start.
- Choose the Start > Recovery tab
- Now select ‘Restart the Service’ from the drop-down menus of sequence failures
- Press on the Apply button, and then press OKto save the changes done by you.
- Repeat the same methods for QBCFMonitorService.
- When you have finished these steps, access QuickBooks on each of the workstations. Press on the File > Switch to Multi-user Mode option. If you can access everything correctly, the problem is fixed.
After following the above troubleshooting procedures, you must dial QuickBooks customer care to know How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202 and they will provide you with appropriate solutions.