How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code PS058
Being the most popular software, QuickBooks is prone to a range of errors, and all these errors have a specific reason behind their occurrence. Still, QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 has no valid reason for its occurrence. When you try to install the latest payroll update, it is a generic code error. A human error or a machine error, or a mix of both can be the main factor behind this error. A faster way to resolve this error is by consulting with the QuickBooks technical team through call, email or chat at QuickBooks Customer Service Number to troubleshoot it.
What Are the Causes Behind QuickBooks Error PS058?
There are several reasons behind this error. Few troubleshooting steps are given below.
- Corrupted Windows file explorer
- Corrupted QuickBooks company files
- Preventing QuickBooks access due to Firewall and other security applications
- Company files are not available on the local drive
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058?
Some troubleshooting solutions are given below to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058. All the given steps are convenient and straightforward to perform, and if you face any problem, you must call QuickBooks customer care to rectify this issue.
Method – 1 Download Payroll Update Again
- First, you are required to download the “payroll update” again from the payroll server
- From the “Help” menu, move to “employees” and then press on “get payroll updates.”
- Press on the “download entire update” box
- Press on “download the latest update.”
Method – 2 Download the Latest Upgrade Release from Intuit QuickBooks
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks from Intuit main website
Method – 3 Download the Latest Software Update Online
- First, download the patch file “qbwebpatch.exe”. It can be downloaded from
- Ensure that you have an active internet connection and download the patch file
- Send the downloaded file from computer to computer that has QuickBooks on it
- Now, install the patch file and upgrade the tax file from CD/Flash drive
Method – 4 Examine Any Company File Errors
- Click “F2” or “Ctrl+1” keys to access the “Product Information”. Make sure that QuickBooks is opened
- Press “F3” or “Ctrl+2” keys in the “product information window.”
- Now, move to the “Tech Help” window and press on “Open File.”
- If any file named “qbwin.log”; then double-press on it
- To access a small window, click the keys “Ctrl+F”. Type the word “Error” in the field and press “Enter.”
- Now, acknowledge the numerical error code that can be “QuickBooks Error 15270” and look for it on the website
Method – 5 If No Error Found RegCure Last Step
- Shut Down QuickBooks Desktop
- Click “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” keys and access “Task Manager utility.”
- Now, navigate the following programs in the list – “qbupdate.exe” and “qbdagent2001.exe”. If you locate them, shut them using the “Close Program” tab
- Type “reboot.bat” in the search window
- Double press if you find the file
- Access a “DOS-type shell” and will be closed automatically once it’s done
- Now, restart your system and download the latest payroll update again
Method – 6 Run Reboot.bat file
- Click “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” keys and select the “Task Manager” from the list on your keyboard
- Move to the “Processes tab” and move to the QuickBooks and its related processes
- Press on “End all the processes” one by one
- Search for the “Start” button and enter “reboot.bat” in the search field
- Click the “Enter” button
- Run the “file” and wait for a while until the procedure gets completed
- Shut it once the “process” is completed
- Restart your “computer.”
- Finally, try to download the latest version of the “payroll tax table.”
If the above process does not resolve this issue, you must call QuickBooks customer care to Fix QuickBooks Error Code PS058, and a technical executive will provide you with appropriate methods.